Let me keep your accounts in order, so you can run your business!
Most small business owners struggle with trying to work “in” the business, whilst working “on” the business and it’s financial and administrative needs. Your time is best spent where your skills & interests are, whilst outsourcing the daily tasks such as bookkeeping. This is exactly where A Girl Friday can help!
Bookkeeping is the record-keeping aspect of accounting. It involves preparing your source documents for all transactions, operations, and other events of the business. The bookkeeper brings the books to the trial balance stage. From this point your Accountant will prepare Income Statements, Balance Sheets and will prepare your Tax Returns and other ATO Reports for submission.
Our basic bookkeeping services include:
- On-site or Off-site accounts – working at your premises or off-site in our office.
- Bank Reconciliations – compare your internal records with bank statements to identify and rectify any discrepancies
- Accounts Receivable – identify money owed to you by your customers, debt recovery, and payment reconciliation with invoice.
- Accounts Payable – identify money you owe suppliers, making payments where required, and setting up supplier accounts.
- Reports – Profit & Loss and Balance Sheets – generated monthly, Quarterly & Annually to know how your business is operating form a profit and liquidity point of view
- Cash Flow Management – manage your cash flow to ensure you have cash when you need it. This is the most critical aspect of your business.
- Financial Reporting & Analysis – key information about the financial state of your business in language you can understand.
- Credit control – create systems that help you with aspects of giving credit, such as assessment of clients before granting credit, credit application, collection, and follow up procedures.
- End of financial year processes – take away all the pressure associated with ensuring your books are ready for the end of financial year.
- Single Touch Payroll (STP) set-up and management
- Automatic Superannuation
- Budgeting – forecast your income and expenditure in order to identify how much you can afford to dedicate to particular expenses.
- Troubleshooting – identify areas in your current accounting systems that can be improved or overhauled.
- See our Bookkeeping & Payroll Packages for further information
Bookkeeping is recording the financial transactions of your business, as part of the process of accounting in business. This involves keeping accurate, and ATO approved records of the transactions such as purchases, sales, receipts, and payments.